State Operated Regional Centers
Currently, the only State Operated Regional Center is the State of Vermont Regional Center. The state of Vermont is the only designated Regional Center in the United States that is operated and supervised by a government department within the State - The Vermont Agency Of Commerce And Community Development (VACCD).
Critics will be quick to tell you the State Operated Regional Centers do not guarantee the EB-5 investment and they are correct, a fundamental requirement of an EB-5 investment is to be at-risk. However, the State affiliation provides many benefits including credibility, state oversight, monitoring, continual EB-5 compliance and more....
The State of Vermont Regional Center
Benefits of the Vermont Regional Center
- Accountability - Formal written reports required by Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development every 90 days upon activites of the project.
- Compliance - Designated Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development Official to assure project's compliance with U.S. Immigration Law and regulations concerning investments within a regional center in the EB-5 Visa preference category.
- Credibility - One of the longest established Regional Centers since 1997 with close involvement of Senior State Senator, Patrick Leahy; Governor State of Vermont, Jim Douglas; and Vermont Secretary of State, Kevin Dorn.
- State Oversight - The Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development oversee and monitor EB-5 project activities in Vermont.
- Faster Approvals - Credibility of the State of Vermont with governmental responsibility and oversight means that investors’ petitions are given priority by CIS, resulting in a faster path to approval.